VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon February 9, 2014
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I love travel and food is in an integral part of it for me; there are meals I've eaten in destinations near and far that I will remember for ever, and I loved reading a book full of short anecdotes from varied writers sharing the same passion I do for discovering new places and flavours.

For a UK audience some of the authors in this collection from an American publisher are less familiar, however that wasn't an issue for me and I enjoyed offerings from more familiar faces like Madhur Jaffrey and the ever funny Giles Coren, who opens the tome with his journey back in time to yearning for exotic American fare in his youth in 1970's food variety poor Britain. I particularly enjoyed the chapters where I learned about food I didn't know existed (blood soup and the poisonous Fugu fish spring to mind). All in all this book was a highly enjoyable journey through foodie experiences past and present. For a little bit of escapism if, like me you enjoy food and travel in equal measures, I highly recommend this book.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink