on 31 October 2007
Let me be clear: I am a BIG Metheny and Mehldau fan. Big. Bought this CD (MMQ) without thinking once.

Right by the CD player now-- Metheny: PAT METHENY GROUP (from 1978, and I still have the cassette I bought almost 30 years ago!), IMAGINARY DAY, NEW CHAUTAUGUA; Mehldau: DAY IS DONE, HOUSE ON HILL, PLACES; Metheny & Mehldau: Michael Brecker's PILGRIMAGE.

And this CD... it's nice... it's pleasant... it's not new age, not elevator music, not smooth jazz... my English friends would say it's lovely... but...

But it's hard to listen to. I've tried. Again and again I find my mind wandering. There's so little to grab the attention, and so the mind goes inward. Great background music for a party. I could work to it all day long.

And I'm disappointed because I thought Metheny's playing on PILGRIMAGE was just wonderful. Mehldau can thrill even in a trio. Yet MMQ? Nice...

Kirtland Peterson
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details