on 12 April 2011
I'm taking this product back to the shop tomorrow. And if I don't get a refund, it's having a terrible accident involving me, with a hammer, going insane.

Being quite good at computers and all of that general technical stuff, I thought it'd be easy to set up and get going, but this thing is far from easy. It's been a terror since day 1. Firstly, it doesn't come with a USB cable, so you have to go and get one yourself (at a ridculous price too I might add!)if you don't want to go down the wireless route.

So, setting up and installing the printer went OK with the USB cable- but when I went to actually print something it made all of the right (and quite terribly loud) noises, but spurted out nothing but clean paper- with absolutely nothing on it. This happened for ages until it finally decided to work and printed out a few things. After that initial good print it was like playing Russian Roulette- as I could never tell when it'd print properly and without any problems or when it'd just give up on me and not print at all.

But just lately I've been needing prints to do my art coursework, and what a surprise, the thing won't print out ANY good quality photos. I've done pretty much everything I can to try and get it to work but it just won't- I've tried printing from the camera's card itself, changing the format of the photos, changing the inks and even setting up wireless instead but nothing's worked and it's beginning to just get irritating.

To get to the point, this printer is just awful. The wireless connection being probably it's worst feature. My wireless is FINE. I can get a good connection from the other side of the house. Yet with this printer it can be sat next to the wireless itself so it's literally almost on top of it and still tell me that there are no wireless connnections available.

So don't buy it. Save your money and save your sanity. As for me, I'm going to go back to my old, ancient Lexmark I think.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink