Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am not a vegetarian but enjoy vegetarian food from time to time, particularly when having people staying who don't eat meat. Last year I stayed for a few days in a vegetarian hotel and enjoyed the food so much that I thought I would like to try some recipes out for myself. When this book came along, it seemed an ideal introduction and so I set to and have since enjoyed some fabulous food which friends and relatives have enjoyed also.

The book is very well laid out with categories covering everyday food such as "Midweek meals", "Al Fresco", "Soups and Salads", and also the more complex menus contained in the sections "Classics with a Twist", "Dinners to Impress", "Parties and Celebrations".

I started with Midweek Meals and found recipes for a wide range of quite simple dinners such as corn fritters with tomato sauce, chunky lentil, onion and chestnut loaf, and three cheese cauliflower with walnuts - all of which are delcious.

Under classics with a twist, I found a tamari flavoured nut roasts which was very good (tamari is a variation on soy sauce and I confess to using low salt soy sauce and being pleased with the result.

The omelette cannelloni with spinach filling was reasonably straightforward and worked out very well.

I have yet to try the other recipes but judging by my first attempts I shall enjoy trying some of them out.

The recipes are laid out well and the instructions are clear and straightforward. The book is very well bound and printed on thick paper - I think it would withstand quite a lot of kitchen treatment. I would say it's a great addition to any recipe book library and would also make a great gift for anyone who likes trying out new recipes.
0Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.