TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 March 2011
Folks this is a damn brilliant read, Run is an apt title, the story unfolds at such a pace your eyes will need running shoes. The story itself is firmly centred on the trials and tribulations of the Colclough family. Jack has lost touch with his family, his kids hardly know him and his wife is in the middle of an affair, one that Jack is aware of. Key to the story is the reformation of family bonds, even though the world is going to hell in a hand basket. Through the course of the novel Jack does anything and everything to save his family. The book reminds me in many ways of Simon Clarke's King Blood, which is one of my all time favourite novels. Run, holds it's own in comparison to King Blood. By keeping the cast of characters to a minimum and by keeping the action close, we're not really made aware of the bigger picture, lends the book a heart.

I have previously only ever read Draculas which Blake had a co writing credit on. Blake's writing is mean and lean, keeping the pace of the novel at supersonic. If I was to have any criticism of the book is that Blake puts Jack through a hell of a lot, there are times that it feels is if Jack is superhuman. But hey the story wouldn't be nearly as much fun if Jack just gave up. Also on a personal note if I found out my wife was having an affair I wouldn't be so forgiving.

As for the reason as to why people are turning into killers. I liked the idea. I liked how those who where infected could see a halo of light around the heads of fellow infected. It would have been nice if more was explained as to how and why the lights in the sky sent those that saw them mad. But that's just personal taste, I don't like unanswered questions anywhere. I'm still waiting on someone explaining Lady Gagga to me.

On the strength of this story I have already downloaded everything else Blake Crouch has for sale at Amazon.

The story also comes with an interview with Blake and excerpts form his other works.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details