on 25 February 2012
Source Code is an excellent film; inventive, well paced, and well acted. It is obviously fairly low budget (as betrayed by some slightly ropey CGI in places), but despite this it is more entertaining than many Hollywood blockbusters that must have cost millions more. Ordinarily, it would be a four star film for me, but I am reviewing not just the film here, but the Blu-Ray disc release, and I have a major gripe with this release that leads me to dock a star...

Optimum releases used to include trailers for their other releases in the extras menu. I have no problem with this, as it gives the user the choice as to whether they want to watch these trailers or not. Recently though, I have noted a trend towards movie trailers being included which play before the main menu, with skip/forward options being disabled. This is annoying but I guess I can just about tolerate it. What I cannot tolerate however, is the presence of product advertising (in this case chocolate and chewing gum) at the start of the disc, again with the skip options being disabled. I paid a lot of money for this disc, and I really really object that Optimum thinks it is acceptable to make me pay to watch product adverts. It is shameless corporate greed, and I will boycott their products in future if they do not change their ideas.
88 Comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?