on 16 February 2011
Having recently read John Wyndham's Day of the Triffids, which I thought was one of the best books I have ever read, it sparked off something in me. Something related to what can happy with everyday life is suddenly cast away reducing humanity to the level of primitive when doomsday strikes.

I then heard about The Death of Grass and it's similarites to Triffids, I was keen to read TDOG to see if it measured up to. Well, having finished the Death of Grass, I was just chilled and disturbed by the book, yet I could not put it down for a moment. Engaging from start to finish it demonstrates how humanity is forced to adapt to survive as John Custance starts out as an everyday civil servant, yet as he and his party journey's to his brother's farm for hopeful salvation he is becomes more of and more of a a savage and murderous killer so that his family can stay alive as society decays survive the journey.

As for the book it self, John Christopher has written a psychologically chilling books, which is as disturbing and it is superubly written as a thriller that explores the fragility of nature and how it affects human character. And for that reason I give it 5 stars.

I won't reveal what happens, but what I will say is that I totally recommend this book as it is up there with Day of The Triffids, but BE AWARE IT IS NOT FOR THOSE OF A SENSITIVE OR NERVOUS DISPOSITION!

Enjoy it...If you can handle it!
What's this?