on 26 June 2013
"Choose scheduled or continuous backups right from the dashboard -- and then forget them."

All very well until the device itself goes doolally tat and all the data on the disk is inaccessible...

I have one of these babies myself (bought from a bricks and mortar store) and am extremely impressed with it. My only worry is that the device has now started making a slight whirring noise and I'm worried it's going to fail which is why I'm ordering a second one to copy my data across to.

I use Linux so NONE of the Seagate software works at all. I manually copy fresh files across to the drive and also use a Linux utility rsync to update files when they change.
What's this?