Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

VINE VOICEon 21 November 2013
I am thoroughly pleased with my Note 3.

My eco-system was (and indeed primarily is) Apple and I'm coming to this unit from a 2 year old iPhone 4s which I was very happy with. Yes I did consider the 5s and have had one in my grubby mits many times at the local Apple Store. Smartphones are a way of life now, and although the iPhone re-ignited my somewhat lapsed interests in music and photography, those have also grown to now include writing and my desire to carry a journal which could be hand-written to privately. This is the point where a new iPhone sadly fell of my shopping list.

The standards set by the iPhone in music playback and photography are comfortably matched by the Note 3 in my opinion. Getting music onto the phone from my iTunes library is certainly fiddlier, but by no means a challenge. Likewise iPhoto on my Mac recognises and loads photo and video from the Note 3. I am very happy with the results. The move to Android was painless.

Its difficult to know where to start though with the S-Pen capabilities though. The handwriting recognition somewhat defies belief and Samsung developers are clearly taking the S-software line very seriously indeed. The supplied apps suit my needs perfectly and a massive / unexpected bonus was the integration with Evernote (and free upgrade to Evernote Premium). Now thats just taking it too far :)

There are plethora of Note 3 web reviews micro analysing pixel density, processor speed and yes the over-hyped-beyond-belief region lock ( funnily enough, I don't spend my working life globe trotting with suitcase full of sim cards). I'm not going there, it sounds great, imaging is excellent and the unit's design is sublime. I have not regretted my purchase one bit.

This phone is not a fashion item and its not trying to be. If all you need from a smartphone is voice/txt/web/mail and a logo to show show off, look elsewhere. If however you make a living (or aspire to) from creative pursuits, are intrigued by how the incredible S-Pen technology may suit your work/study/play, then this smartphone is an absolute must-try.

Update 28/11
=========
I just though I'd add a footnote ... having tried a few cases; I've settled on an excellent Otterbox Commuter. Top quality protection and it gives the Note 3 a cool industrial look / feel.
1010 Comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?