VINE VOICEon 16 July 2007
I'm too young to appreciate what Def Leppard used to be like but I'm old enough to know what constitutes a good album. The only other Def Leppard albums I own are Vault and Best Of, which are effectively the same album. With this in mind, X is the only proper studio album I own by Def Leppard so I can't compare it to their previous albums. But I can compare it to the hundreds of other albums in my collection and I will simply say that this album is excellent.

It's very inoffensive radio-friendly rock which might not be very edgy but prevails with some truly fantastic sing-along choruses. The vocals are particularly strong and having heard some of Def Leppard's older tracks on my compilations I think his voice has improved. My favourite track on the album has to be "Long Long Way To Go", a beautifully crafted ballad with emomotive lyrics that really hit the spot. Other highlights include "Everyday" (love the chorus) and "Now" (great opening track) but I love every track on this CD. I've owned this album since it's release in 2002 and after five years I still haven't grown bored of it.

One word: X-ellent!