on 14 October 2012
For some, to me entirely obscure, reason, I haven't got around to reading 'How to Walk a Puma' until last evening. I read it, as is my wont with the Allison oeuvre, in one go to the point where my girlfriend began wondering if I was alright, what with my staying prostrate in bed for hours with no other signs of brain activity than frequent paroxysms of insane laughter.

It may not have been quite as hilarious as the previous two books, though, but that was entirely made up for by this one being all the more gripping. The conservation message, I think, is more powerful and thought-provoking, and I'm still at a loss for words when it comes to the author and the Minke. Come on! Surely that must've been more than 'scientific whaling'!

If you're at all into zoology, on and off dreaming of wildlife adventures, or just up for a good laugh in an animal and conservation context - this, as well as Allison's previous books, are must haves!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink