on 16 April 2008
When 'Blonde' by Joyce Carol Oates was published, I was so excited - I really loved the idea of a novel based on Marilyn Monroe's life. To walk in Marilyn's shoes was very interesting to me and I couldn't wait to receive my copy. Unfortunately, 'Blonde' turned out to be anything but exciting (in my opinion) and I was deeply disappointed. However, some ten years later, along comes another novel based on Marilyn's life - this time by respected author Tara Hanks, and it is wonderful!

This book could be described as a biography with dialogue. It is a novel of course, but the story is so close to Marilyn's life that you forget it is a novel and almost believe you are reading Marilyn's own autobiography or memoir.

I am a huge fan of Marilyn Monroe and it is always exciting to receive a new book about her. Some are real let-downs, but some are real gems - just like this one. Tara Hanks did a sterling job of presenting Marilyn's life and I would recommend it to anyone.

Buy this book - you won't be disappointed!
13 people found this helpful