Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Matt Terry Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 28 October 2013
I was really looking forward to this arriving on the door mat, ripped open the packaging to the first disappointment - the packaging. Little cards inside an envelope with the lyric printed on, They fell straight out on the floor.

Playing the CD didn't help. Where's China's great rousing tunes? I'm not Storm's greatest fan live but even on this disk she doesn't seem to be given the opportunity to show her talents. I do like Zundoko and wish there were more like it. Maybe China's vocal problems have led to more guest singers, but this just leads to the lack of cohesion. I hoped it would be a 'grower' on me but even after a couple of weeks in the car and on the i-phone it's still not doing it for me. I'd sum it up as 'insipid' with the odd flash of good old Pink Martini but unfortunately not the one for me. I hope for a return to the style of Hey Eugene and Splendor in the Grass with their next release.
What's this?