on 6 March 2011
I'm a radio addict and have a radio in every room in my house, so I was very excited when I splashed out on a cream Roberts DAB Revival radio for the kitchen. It looked great - yes, a tone adjustment contol would have been appreciated, however my psyche was set to accomodate this omission.
Imagine my disappointment when 18 months later, the covering started to peel off. The radio was always in the same place - not in sunlight, and never cleaned with chemicals (never cleaned at all actually!) So Why? and why hasn't this happened to everyone?
I must say I threw it away as I couldn't bear to look at it. I did think of contacting Roberts but I no longer had proof of purchase, and the radios were still on sale, so it was unlikely it was a general problem.
I still have three Roberts radios including an old valve model - now if you're talking sound quality, that wins hands down. But I did replace the kitchen one with a Pure Evoke Mia - it looks and sounds great, and to date still has it's smart cladding intact.
Wake up Roberts - you set the bench mark for quality radios - make sure you live up to it!
0Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details