on April 9, 2008
I was eager to try out these tarots as I tend to collect divination cards, and while the graphics are well presented, some of the cards will leave you a little more than unnerved. One has a demonic looking child wielding a sword behind a man meditating; now you just know that's not going to end well. Continuing with the demonic child theme is another card where she's running off, a drenched bloodied sword in one hand, a bunch of flowers in the other while laughing as if she's just won the euro lottery, and a figure in a field wounded or dead. Lovely I thought, that card will put people's minds at ease, NOT. A third card shows a child with her throat slit, now maybe she had it coming according to the other cards who can tell, but honestly, it doesn't fill you with much comfort should it turn up in your reading.

Now to be fair, there are more good cards than child runs amok maiming folk at will cards, but it has kind of put me off getting them out. My sister now thinks I've turned to the dark side, her flaring wide eyes and mouth agape expression on scanning through them gave that game away. The other was when she screeched, mother, have you seen what kind of cards your daughter is buying, subtly not being her mode of operation, so as you can see, this was my first indication that they should stay firmly tucked away and hidden perhaps. Or maybe I could stand them on my hearth to scare children away from the open fire, it works on me.

All I can say is that if these pictures had been the ones shown as an example, then I would not have bought them, still, that's just my opinion, if demonic sword wielding children with a smile like the joker are your thing, then knock yourself out, but I kind of think that once bought you'll never dare shuffle them in case she turns up. I would advise you to look through them first before buying them. I don't mean to be harsh on them but there could be a few of you out there who might think the same as me on seeing them. Sorry to disappoint but it bugged me enough to leave a review.
22 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?