on 15 February 2012
I have used this camera whilst wet canyoning. It has handled extremes of temperatures and jumping from as high as 18 meters into water (handled the jump better than I did). It has been just fine, doing what was asked of it. I smeared a tiny quantity of non-setting silicon (purchased from a dive shop) onto the seals for added security. I also use a Lowepro pouch for added protection against knocks and to hang it from my belt - I had to cut the padded'tongue' out of the pouch (a 20 second job) and it fits snugly now.
This is not a premium priced product - rather one that serves a particular niche market - obviously it has limitations if the user is a professional. I just wish to record fun events and commit them to another storage medium for future reference. When connected to our 46" hi-def Sony the picture quality is acceptable. I don't have any issues about the camera when considering the cost-vs-benefits.
0Comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?