on 27 July 2007
I actually bought this album after reading some of the other reviews here on Amazon. I, like many, lost interest in the band after Honeys Dead and got engrossed in the whole grunge thing, but like many great bands they never totally leave your musical conscience and I constantly returned to Darklands and Psychocandy to experience those great moments with a smile on my face. I checked on here for new material because i noticed from Mojo magazine they have reformed and was interested in reading some new opinions...curiosity I guess. So i ended up reading about Stoned and Dethroned and bought it.
I gotta say its great, when I read that it was a much more acoustic affair than standard Mary Chain offerings I had my doubts as noise and distorted guitars can very often cover up weak songwriting but the Reids have produced a very good LP here, it has also lead me to purchase Munki, their final offering of the nineties, hope its as good.
3 people found this helpful