on 22 February 2013
So my old camouflage Gymboss timer finally bit the dust, ingress of sweat is a problem, and I was faced with a choice, basic Gymboss timer or the new fancy one with custom intervals and so on.

I went for the new version, it's a bit more expensive and it had a few negative reviews about the volume of the bleeper, but it seemed worth the risk... and what's the risk anyway? If you don't like it, send it back I thought.

There is NO CHANCE of me ever sending this device back! It's brilliant. Now I can pre-program the timings for my circuit training classes before I begin and just recall a program from the menu as we go through each circuit.

I've also used the complex programming. Timing a circuit that has different station times and multiple circuits is a bit of a headache with a simple timer but this device deals with it easily. Programming is easy too.

Regarding the volume of the bleeper. I can't understand this complaint from other reviewers, either they were a long, long way from the device, or in a very noisy gym or maybe it's an issue that's been addressed by Gymboss. Whatever it was, I absoutely don't find the bleeper volume to be an issue. It's loud enough so that people in my class can often hear it before I shout the station changes.

The vibrating alert is excellent too, if you buy the wrist strap and wear the timer, the vibrating alert will definitely get your attention!

It's a pity that ingress of sweat seems to kill them after a couple of years but I have absolutely no complaints about that. It's a great excuse to buy the latest version!

Suffice to say I'm a bit of a fan of this gadget and I'd miss it badly if a had to run circuits classes without it. I highly recommend it to anyone running group fitness classes where timing is a requirement.
What's this?