on 26 January 2010
This guy has written some cracking novels, but this is not one of them. Usually I can't put these books down, but this book, I kept remembering that I had to finish it before I could read something else.

Myron Bolitar is presented as some kind of thoroughly decent new man's alpha male man, but I don't buy it. I feel he's a bit of a deluded ol' creep. Mentally bigging himself up all the time because he was once an athlete. Bolitar walks through customs wondering whether to give the female customs officer the full charm offensive or just bare minimum.

Win's 'mee time' nonsense was quite tedious. We're supposed to believe that Myron disapproves of that. But the problem is, the characterisation is so poor, that instead of hearing two clear and distinct voices, one from Myron and one from Win, I read this book hearing Harlan Coben himself. Rightly or wrongly, I feel like he's a mixture of Myron and Win, ie, a conceited misogynist who considers himself rather charming.

All that talk about derriers and felony in a bikini was just boring. like some randy teenager writing for Nuts magazine.

I;ve read my last Harlan Coben. but luckily, I've discovered Lynwood Barclay.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.