I love a good war film, but quite often they're a little bit - how shall I put it? - U!S!A! - HOOOOORAH!!!

This film suffered from the opposite problem. It was too anti-American. It was a good film but the way it portrayed the 'terrorist' to be, I just didn't believe. It almost made them out to be some sort of Angels, tormented by the deaths they caused. I really don't believe the events and deaths of fellow Iraqis really weighs that heavily on your average insurgents conscience - something this film would have you believe it does, much more so than on your average American soldiers. Again I just don't believe that to be true. I'm sure the majority of troops on the ground do not enjoy the innocent blood-shed at least, that surrounds them.

On the whole though the film does give a good idea of the complexities faced by everyone on the ground in Iraq (as if I'd really know such a thing, but you know what I mean) showing the views of US Marines, your average Iraqi and the so called 'terrorists'.

The film is tense and the battle scene in Haditha good - I just felt that overall the film tried to make too much of a statement and because of that, it lost some credibility and realism with me. I'd also liked to have seen the film resolve a bit more, with some sort of comment on what happened to the soldiers involved after the incident came to light. I haven't watched the extras yet, so maybe I'll find that out in there.

I did find the film quite shocking, which is rare for me and it makes for an uncomfortable watch in places, and overall it's a pretty good film. However, I prefer The Hurt Locker by far - a different kettle of fish all together, I know, but hey if you want to watch a war film, I'd suggest you watch that.

If this review was helpful to you at all please give it the thumbs up. Cheers.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details