on 22 December 2007
Enjoyable surround mix, which reveals some synth lines I hadn't noticed before. This brings a freshness to some songs that now sound a bit flat in simple stereo. Not always what I'd have put on the extra channels - maybe missed a trick or two here - but this is a subjective opinion, and I'm very glad they've been done at all. It was worth the effort guys.

My only complaint, and this is almost enough to lose a star, is the amount of songs on the SACD/CD - 12, not the 16 that were on CD. Was there not enough space (unlikely, I have SACDs that last much longer) or is it some obscure copyright reason concerning the format?

However, the four missing tracks are on the DVD - and remixed to surround sound as well (DTS and Dolby). Why complain? Well, my main Hi-Fi is in my bedroom - along with my computer; it's in effect my office - and the surround system is in the lounge, along with the TV, so playing the SACD/CD disc on my CD player I'd only get the 12 tracks. I have the original CD with 16 tracks so it is not a problem, but a simple question - why the discrepancy?

The disc redeems itself with a very interesting documentary - in widescreen, yaayyy! - which interviews all the main players including Daniel Miller of Mute, an unsung hero in British electronic music development.
What's this?