on 21 November 2006
On the strength of only one hearing so far, I would say that this is a freer David Arnold. Although his firmly rhythmic action writing is never too far away, this work has a sense of breadth; as well as pace aplenty, there is space to breathe. If you are among those who like David Arnold's treatment of Bond, you should enjoy this.

My question is this: since when did a Bond soundtrack album NOT included the vocal track(s), be it the title track or otherwise? I am not impressed by this. Now you may call me 'old-fashioned' but, when I buy the original soundtrack to a film, I expect to get the title track thrown in aswell (is "You Know My Name" the title track? I haven't had a chance to see the film yet!), not just interpolations of it! Or is that now to expect too much? Have I missed something here?

For this reason I can only justify three stars - I dislike this sort of incompleteness.
12 people found this helpful