on 24 July 2012
I really really wanted to like this. The build up to the vampires arriving was good and suspenseful, and Josh is easy on the eye. I, unfortunately, do not like my vampires mindless. In the sense that I like them to talk and kill for a reason other than just splatter the place in gallons of blood.

I remember seeing this the first time in the cinema and there were way too many young teens in there for my liking, I was amazed this only got a 15 certificate based on the amount of slaughter going on but maybe I'm just getting old?!

Although I did think this was scary in parts and was well acted and believable, for me I just couldn't get past my own likes/dislikes for the genre. If you kill everything and anything in sight what do you feed on? I've never got this logic to the big bad monsters.

That being said, I have watched this movie more than once, it's good for late night when there isn't much else on but I watch it for what it is not because it's a vampire movie, for me that is where is fails.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink