4.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, 4 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Razer Kraken 7.1 Sound USB Gaming Headset, 7.1 Surround Sound with Retractable Digital Microphone, Black with Green Lighting (Accessory)
Firstly I have to say, for the money this is the best on the market by far. I have owned about 4 different headsets in the price range and none have matched to the quality of this.
The sound quality on the headset is phenomenal,a deep booming bass and crisp clear mids and highs. And the microphone is just something else. I have seen comparison videos on youtube of this headset and a blue yeti and the creator has not said which is which and a lot of people thought this headset was the yeti.
This headset is also the most comfortable i have ever worn, and this includes my friends Astro A50 headset and beats etc. The only fault I can give this headset is it makes your ears very hot, but to be honest, what headset does not do that?

Overall an amazing job by Razer, again superbly made just like my keyboard, mouse and mouse mat. I cannot fault any of the products, GG :)

Edit: I probably made a better review here on YouTube, it has a preview of the mic + an unboxing :)

Edit 2: Since writing this review nearly 2 years ago, these headphones have finally snuffed the bucket.
I had the headphone cable tangled round my leg and I did not realise, I stood up, put the headphones down, and walked off from my desk. The headphone cable caught round my leg snapped the USB clean in half. Dead.
I tried repairing these using a soldering iron and buying a new USB male connector, but it did not work again.
Great headphones, but I think I was exaggerating in my original review.
I did not lie, these are great for gaming and VOIP software such as skype and google hangouts, but certain genres of music like Metal and Hard dance music, where sound changes rapidly, with lots of "noise" these are not that accurate.
If you are buying headphones for music, I would go for a brand like Sennheiser who are built around sound, rather than Razer who are not specific to audio.
However I do not take back what I said about the microphone. That is still outstanding and one of the best I have heard from a "Gaming Headset"

So to reiterate:
These are a great GAMING HEADSET
BUT if you are not a "gamer" who does not need the microphone, go for different headphones, which are designed for what you intend to use them for.
4/5 I do not regret my purchase.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Oct 2013 15:33:40 BDT
Hi I was wondering whether or not this headset features a "mic monitor" so you can here your voice back into the speakers so you dont shout! Its similar to what turtle beach do on all of their sets but they look like toys, these look gorgeous and comfy but I really need that feedback so I can hear myself. I get rather loud during firefights on CoD & BF3, so my GF keeps telling me!!

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Oct 2013 07:31:47 GMT
No razer have not got this function but said they may add it to a later version of their drivers.

Posted on 22 Nov 2013 16:58:32 GMT
The edge says:
Hi Thomas,
im trying to decide on a gaming headset for my son for christmas, he asked for Razor megalodon ones but do you know how these compare? if you know i would appreciate some help?
thanks
Jo

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2013 17:13:52 GMT
hi jo,
i have personally haven't used both headsets. But comparing the specifications they are pretty similar. the link is a comparision of parts and specification. from experiance i would choose the razer kraken 7.1 because its newer. Parts have advanced and it is likely to be better sounding. The razer meglodon is a very nice headset to say the least, but in my oppinion the razer kraken is a better headset, and the more money that is in the megalodon is in the inline sound processor. If your son has a low end computer/laptop id recomend the megalodon because the inline processor will take pressure off the computers CPU when dealing with sound, but if your son has a gaming rig with a 4 core processor or above id recomend the kraken. http://goo.gl/T0GKQu
‹ Previous 1 Next ›