on 23 November 2010
I have been involved with neurofeedback for 13 years because a member in my family wanted off of ritalin(thank goodness) Since that time of course I have been doing a lot reading and learning about medication and this book substantiated my feelings, opinion and my horror. Actually at times I felt angered and betrayed by the system. My brother was diagnosed with schizophrenia and comited suicide about 8 years ago. I look back and remember his life of a cocktail of medications off and on. He had a horrible life. I now realize that this was not neccessary. In my own family the family member was on ritlain for 10 years and again not neccessary. I myself was diagnolsed with diabetes prescribed medication and what a ride that was. And that was not neccessary. All I had to do was go on a diet, which I did and I am healthy.

An amazing story on how this indutry marketed the medications. How our society has a blind faith in drugs that do not work. But alas the industry is not totally at fault as the consumers were looking for the magic bullets. Even more so now.

Gosh, I am even a little concerend about writing this recommendation. Am I going to be branded a Scientologist because I have an opposing perspective?
55 Comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.