5.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid, 25 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Topstar Open Point SY Design Swivel Chair with Breathable Mesh Cover - Black (Home)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Unlike your usual rickety plastic office chairs, this is absolutely rock solid. I won't mince words; I am a large woman and as any person larger than 16 stone will tell you, finding a chair that is supportive and isn't rickety can be a problem. From the moment you park your behind in this chair, you know that there will be no trembling, rocking, lowering and creaking; it is the sturdiest chair I have come across to date.

The weight of it is absolutely astounding, and you can feel the quality just when trying to move it as weighs about 4 times more than your average swivel chair. I can lean to the side on this without the sensation the whole chair is going to tip over (the case with some of the previous chairs I've owned).

Came packaged nicely in a massive box in a limited number of pieces and was very easy to put together (took about ten minutes). The instructions I will say were quite unhelpful as they are in German and the only English language section is in a font so small that it is a struggle to read. In the end, we worked with logic and figured out where things went (and it isn't very hard to do).

The mesh is quite solid and very supportive and has a deep curve to support your spine while simultaneously preventing you from slouching and potentially causing yourself pain later. The arms and the back are both adjustable to your preference - it takes a little tweaking to find the exact position that is right for you and what you find comfortable may not be what other people in the office/family may find comfortable so you might find this a chair that will need to be adjusted from use to use/person to person.

While the chair is comfortable, I will say that the seat section of this (and indeed the mesh) are quite solid and you do not 'sink into this' as you would with some of your luxury office chairs that retail at half the price. If you're looking for the kind of comfort you can sink into, this isn't for you, this chair is designed to be ergonomic and supportive to alleviate back problems for the kind of people who spend hours at a desk/computer.

Already having spent a few hours in this I can feel a differece in my posture, I have not slouched and in return I feel much more alert and the pain I generally get at the bottom of my spine isn't as severe as it as it generally feels by now.

Am very impressed.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Apr 2012 23:51:12 BDT
Singhpk says:
Hi...You have already enjoyed the chair for 6 months..I was stuck between this chair and the Eliza Tinsley Mesh High back exec arm chair ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eliza-Tinsley-Executive-Armchair-Adjustable/dp/B004OR13NS/ref=pd_sim_sbs_office_1)..I am not sure if you had boiled down to similar choices..
How is the chair behaving after 6 months? The reviews all seem very positive for your chair..I was just wondering if it has any metal parts ( i,e the base..or is it all plastic)? If you see the Eliza Tinsley chair with the link above ..it has chrome base which seems to look beautiful.
Love to hear from you..

In reply to an earlier post on 21 May 2012 02:00:21 BDT
The chair is still superb...it's very sturdy and as far as I can tell is completely metal (weighs a ton) and is very heavy to move. Does none of that sliding back thing that cheaper lighter chairs tend to do when you sit on them).

I would recommend this chair really highly; it's been very dependable and does alleviate my back problems (when other family members aren't hogging it).

Posted on 15 Jun 2012 06:07:37 BDT
Thanks for your through review, I decided to take the plunge and purchased it. I agree with everything you said.

Posted on 9 Jul 2012 11:56:40 BDT
how far does the backrest tilt back and can you fix it at that point?

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Aug 2012 06:06:58 BDT
Back rest tilts back quite a bit, but I can't give absolute specifics as I tend to not mess with it as I've found the perfect backrest tilt position for my chronic back pain to be alleviated (you know how any slight adjustment can change your pain/comfort).

Posted on 22 Oct 2013 19:30:34 BDT
E. Jennings says:
Hi Ash! I'm not sure if you'll end up seeing this as it's been almost two years since the review was made but on the off-chance you do I was wondering if the chair was still holding up? Thanks for the fantastic review!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›