on 11 January 2014
I was so disappointed with this story. I had heard from many people how much they had enjoyed the film and I was really looking forward to reading it on my kindle. However, apart from the very beginning and the end it was not about Philomena and her quest to find her son, but a biography of the son, about his political career and about his being gay and the problems that arose from that situation. I can truly say that it was the worse book I have read for a long time and it left me cold. The title was very misleading. I am looking forward to seeing the film as I can only assume that the story on the film is nothing like the story in the book.
11 Comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.