on 23 November 2016
I have put off cleaning my dSLR sensor for sooo long. Too scared of knackering my camera. All I have ever done in the past is activate the dust removal system and/or give the sensor a good blow with my rocket blower. However recently I noticed several obvious blobs in some of my pictures and repeated blowing etc just didn't shift them.

I decided it was time to gird up my loins (whatever that means) and give the sensor a proper clean. I decided on the XCsource swabs after reading the reviews and I also decided not to attempt a 'wet' clean. And so with heart very firmly in mouth I set to work.

Okay, so what's all the fuss about? It was easy! Yes it took five of the ten swabs and about 20 minutes (mostly sweating!) to do the job properly but so what - It worked. There are still a couple of very tiny pieces of dust present on the sensor but these are at the edge and don't show up - even at f22. I kept the used swabs to clean camera LCD screens etc - which they do brilliantly.

Believe me, if I can clean my sensor using these swabs - so can you. Just organise your work space, follow the instructions, remain calm and be patient and you'll be rewarded with a pristine camera sensor.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink