on 5 January 2008
This is the first of a trilogy (the third installment is just out now) and it's just so wonderful I have told everyone I can think of to buy it and read it and read it again as I am doing now!

Plenty of other reviews have gone into detail so I won't repeat them here, except to say that his portrayal of the various and their world is so utterly convincing that now when I go into the woods with my dog I find myself wondering if that really is frog spittle and what I can hear really is just a woodpecker or perhaps something more mysterious.

It's a mystery to me why Steve Augard's work is not as feted and famous as Philip Pullman's - it's as well written even though rather different. And don't start me on the clunking fist of J K Rowling's prose.......
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.