on 13 November 2006
A man I know who moved out to live in Tukey a while ago recommended this product to me and I've found it really helpful. I was a bit concerned about the price of it at first, but you do get four CD's and a useful book with the product so I think its worth it.

I started learning the language basically only knowing the words please and pardon, but after only 4 days I am pleased to say that I can speak and understand many key words and phrases and up to the number 49. Despite the fact that Turkish seemed an almost impossible language to learn, or at least it did when i was on holiday. Linguaphone PDQ Turkish pronounce the words clearly so it is easy to understand. They also include many tips which make remembering the words easier.

The CD's are broken down into short tracks which you either learn about 25 words or phrases at a time or get tested on what you have allready learned.

This product gets 5 out of 5 stars from me as it is a brilliant introduction to the language and has great phrases to learn for normal every day circumstances. However you would need something more advanced after this course I think (although I have only completed CD1 so far) because like it says in the other reviews it doesn't include everything. I'm sure there will be quite a few other key phrases that it doesn't include, but to be honest I wouldn't be able to learn them all if i was overfaced with too much.

I think this is a great introduction to the Turkish language even for a 15 year old student like me who really struggled with French which is generally a lot easier then Turkish. Though just because someone my age found it easy, doesn't mean that someone a lot older would :P My mum wouldn't have a clue.
0Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?