on 28 March 2013
I bought this book because the cover caught my eye as I was browsing the latest books on offer, and I am very glad that the cover did catch my eye because this is a wonderful book. The way the hat has a positive impact on each new owner is a bit like a version of 'paying it forward'
I enjoyed the way Antoine Laurain took me back to the days before technology had taken over our lives, to the days when people actually wrote letters!
You can lose yourself in the enchanting streets of Paris easily when reading this book, each character is totally believable and I found myself flying through each chapter knowing that I picked up a real treasure at the bookshop.
I had not heard of Monsieur Laurain before I read this book, and having read this splendid book I will now be an avid reader of anything he writes in the future.
The President's Hat is not just a nostalgic feel good read, it is the kind of book which when read should be passed to someone else to enjoy, just like the 'hat' in the story whoever reads the book after a personal recommendation will also be positively impacted, it will draw you in like a magnet if you see it on display in any bookshop, buy it, read it and you will not regret it.......a magical book.
0Comment| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?