Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Fitbit

Why are recent Lego games for PSP just lazy 'ports of NDS version?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Mar 2011, 23:54:38 GMT
The first three Lego titles for PSP were excellent; great graphics (utilising the PSP's superior graphics capability), excellent game-play/controls and well designed levels. Then, from 'Indiana Jones, The Adventure Continues', Traveller's Tales who publish the Lego console games seem to have decided to save money by screwing over PSP owners. So, NDS version of Lego games were 'ported to PSP. Consequently the graphics are dull, controls meant for stylus are poorly adapted for PSP buttons, only one playable character is visible on screen at a time (instead of two switchable ones as in the earlier PSP releases), characters can only jump between fixed points and levels designed for NDS are just not suited to being played on PSP. I have contacted Traveller's Tales about these points a few times but they've not replied. Which makes me conclude that all future Lego releases for PSP are going to be done in the same fashion. So sad.

Posted on 10 May 2011, 11:00:28 BST
Last edited by the author on 10 May 2011, 11:03:33 BST
Willow says:
I agree C.Bale, TT has been guilty in the past of releasing much inferior NDS versions onto the PSP - why remains an utter mystery. I can only think they cant be assed to put the work in due to the fact that the current PSP is due to become obsolete at the end of the year when the super NGP2 is released. One thing is for sure mind you, if TT try to short change on the new machine they are going to see a lot of fingers waved in the air from the NGP2 gaming public.

I believe "Clone Wars" and the soon to be released "Pirates..." are reasonable ports from the PS consoles; do you know any different, if they are NDS I for one will give them a miss?

I would give up with TT, their indifference to the likes of you and me are legendary.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  12 Mar 2011
Latest post:  10 May 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PSP)
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PSP) by Disney Interactive (Sony PSP)
4.5 out of 5 stars (31)