VINE VOICEon 4 August 2017
Bad experience with a Marketplace seller regarding a product purchased with an Amazon Gift Card. Had I used a credit card I would have got my money back from the credit card company. Unfortunately, Amazon Gift Cards don't provide the same consumer protection. As a result, not recommended for Marketplace purchases, particularly for items that might go wrong.
on 20 November 2017
Really really bad experience - can't get hold of customer service!!! Bought a gift card for a 3-year old - parents tried to open the link to find that the gift card had already been redeemed - STOLEN! No idea who managed to do that! I NEED AN EXPLANATION AND REFUND
33 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 December 2017
I copied link and sent privately via Messenger. Somehow has been redeemed by third party within 15 minutes of sending to recipient. Code now showing as invalid????
11 Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 October 2017
Updated: Just contacted Amazon and sorted. Basically, the bonus had been applied to the account, but only valid for items sold by Amazon not other sellers. When you place an item sold and dispatched by Amazon, the credit will automatically deduct when you go to pay. Hope this helps.

Previous feedback:
I was so pleased when I saw the promotion of earring £6 bonus with a £30+ gift card purchase. I immediately claimed the offer and purchased a gift card, then used it straight away. Then after couples of hours, I received a confirmation email, stating that I have gained £6 bonus and it had already applied to my account. However I have triple checked my account, there is still nothing. Please anyone have similar experience as me, let me know how can I claim the bonus. Thanks.
33 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 December 2017
This could be a great solution to a last minute present but unfortunately it didn't work for me..
I used the "link" version of the voucher, this I posted to my friend of Facebook messenger after receiving it via email. To my surprise he asked me if it was a prank. I asked why and he told me it had already been claimed.. I used the live text chat helpline to find out what the problem was and it turned out that the voucher had been claimed by another user. Who? I have no idea.
I now have to wait 1-2 days to get feedback on the situation from the "internal team"..
I recommend using the direct email version, not the link. The less steps involved, the less can go wrong..
on 28 December 2017
Voucher got intercepted and used by fraudster - luckily, both I and recipient noticed it. Amazon did refund the money ("as a gesture of good will") but failed to address security issue; allegedly, that person had been doing that routinely. Will never buy Amazon vouchers again, as often people will only try to use a gift voucher much later and then the fraud will not be noticed (which is what the fraudster is banking on).
Serious security issues on behalf of Amazon there, and my concerns regarding the safety of our accounts (had they been hacked? How on earth is it possible for someone to intercept those vouchers?) were not addressed!
on 15 December 2017
bit hit & miss with these, sent 1 through messenger & it was fine but the 2nd one said it had already been redeemed before it could be used. this took over 90mins to resolve between online chat & eventually over the phone but we got there in the end & I sent I new one by email which worked no problem.
on 21 July 2017
Frequently use the Amazon birthday email wishes (with gift) and especially like the animated ones (would love more choices though!), so a recommended way to send greetings to family and friends with numerous choices on offer too!
on 29 January 2018
I often use Amazon gift vouchers, to send presents to distant relatives and friends. You don't then have to risk money in a card through the post (send the card though) or buy a gift card that can also potentially be stolen in the mail or be for a shop that goes under *cough* BHS!
Easy to use (just need their Amazon registered email) and looking at Amazon's share price, unlikely to be an issue with bankruptcy in the near future.
on 12 January 2018
Do not use the "share via message option"! I have bought numerous vouchers over the years for colleagues and friends and always sent via email without a problem. I used the shared via message option for the first time this week and the voucher was redeemed by someone else before my recipient opened it. Customer services know it was redeemed via download to print but will not do anything further as their responsibility stops when the voucher is downloaded. I am in the process of escalating this further.,