Top positive review
Great companion with room for improvement
17 August 2018
I am a dedicated Garmin user, this is my third watch. I am using my watch for running, cycling, yoga, martial arts, monitoring sleeping levels, checking my heart rate (official smart watch addict). After having used Vivoactive 3 music for a month, this is my experience so far:
- The watch is easy to use. More user friendly than the previous Vivoactive models.
- The design is beautiful, I have received a lot of compliments for my watch. It also very light to wear, thus it makes it easy to have it on 24/7
- The VO2 max is a great addition for measuring the activities.
- I have found the stress level measurement to be helpful and quite accurate.
- Finally yoga had been added as a pre existing activity.
- All activities are easy to modify and the design is accommodating easy review during the activity.
- Regarding the music feature, the apps that it is compatible with are not widely popular, however, there is always the option to manually download the music through the desktop app.
- Can’t say much about the wallet app, for the time being, one of the biggest international banks is not compatible with the watch.
- I am not using the watch for swimming as water-resistant and waterproof are two very different things. My dad’s Vivoactive HR got toasted in the sea within minutes, mine survived multiple sessions in open waters, however, it had eventually a cracked screen. Therefore, I am terrified to test my £300 watch even in the shower..
- Finally, regarding the sleeping monitoring, I am not that impressed. The hours are not consistent and the different sleep phases seem to be very uneven, either I have developed serious sleeping disorders in the last month or sleeping measurements should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Overall, I would definitely recommend buying this watch, it is great for people with small activity in their lives up to highly active people for a quite reasonable price for what it is offering. However, if you don’t care for the music feature, you should definitely go for the Vivoactive 3.