on 21 October 2017
Never written a review on Amazon before but thought this one would benefit people who were a bit dubious like me with the product.
So my Samsung s7 decided to stop charging via the main port. I was in urgent need of a wireless charger or i would have to spend a fortune getting the port replaced!
I found this charger after looking for a good hour on Amazon reading lots of reviews and thought I'd bite the bullet and get it. Well I was pleasantly surprised! It really does charge my phone as fast as the cable (shock lol) so if you're hesitating about it, don't. it's a lovely look and really does work. I'm posting a picture along with my review as I purchased the gold version and there doesn't seem to be any pictures of those as of yet
review imagereview image
22 people found this helpful
on 9 October 2017
I love the product as it is so much more convenient for me however it does not charge my phone as fast as the fast charge plug that comes standard with my phone but this is not a major issue. I recommended this product to a friend who also happy and glad they purchased it.

What is good about the product is that the phone charges in both portrait and landscape positions. Disconnects if you try to keep the phone against the dock and switch between portrait and landscape mode. Has a a light on the front that changes colour when the phone is docked. Green to let you know that it is charging and blue that the dock is on standby ready to charge the phone.

I use this at my desk while using my PC and MacBook at the same time for university work or editing videos so I use it beside both monitors. I used it while I have a wireless keyboard connected my PC, MacBook and phone. When I use the keyboard with my phone is in portrait mode in the dock. My only complaint is that when in this position the phone is too low. This is easily fixed though by putting the dock on top of a box or another object to lift it higher off of the desk. Hopefully in future wireless charging docks will have an adjustable riser to help avoid and adding more clutter to worktops just to adjust its position to make it easier on the eyes.

It is convenient in the way that I do not need to wast time looking for the wire to plug into my phone and I can just pick up my phone and go if I need to. It does only save you seconds connecting and disconnecting and not minutes or hours but it still is a few more seconds less of faffing about.
18 people found this helpful
on 12 December 2017
Brilliant shape. Does not tip with iphoneX. Does not heat up. Charges as fast as a bundled in cable. The fast charge doesn’t work with my x but I don’t see what the fuss is about. Whether it charges at 10% in 15 min now or 10% in 10min on fast charge it will still be a a good 30min-60min to give your phone a significant boost. It makes no difference for overnight charging.
The light changes colour to show it’s charging. It’s great to have a light to be able to locate it in the dark bedroom.
The golden colour is a bit on the brown side. It does not match Apple gold.
I am only knocking one star off as light is too bright for a bedroom. Please reduce light intensity as much as you can in the next model. It only needs to be barely noticeable.
This is so much better than what Apple is shifting in its store for 2.5times the price
4 people found this helpful
on 9 January 2018
I bought this in August and its stopped working last week. I have just emailed customer service and I will post their response. customer service was first class, and I have changed my rating to 4 stars.
7 people found this helpful
on 14 September 2017
Looks lovely and charges my Galaxy S8. Slowly. Forget the "fast" bit. Don't be fooled into thinking this is like your standard Samsung plug-in fast charger. Also it bright lights all the time the phone is in the cradle. I have to put things in front of it when it's on my bedside table so I can sleep at night! Apart from that ... It charges and is easy to use.
5 people found this helpful
on 31 December 2017
Works totally fine with my Note 8 and does what it says on the tin.
I'm very pleased to mention that it also works with my Spigen Tough Armour case on with no problems.
I did find the LED at the bottom a bit bright to have next to my bed when trying to sleep, but I put a bit of black tape over it, which doesn't actually black it out but rather mutes it a bit. This makes it perfectly acceptable to have facing me at night and you can still the light faintly through it (and can tell which colour it is).
3 people found this helpful
on 16 January 2018
Charges my phone a little slower than a cable would, I'd say it takes half an hour longer
Has two lights green for charging and blue for charged
These don't turn off which is a little annoying
Has a strong base so you can orientate your phone in either portrait or landscape without fear of it toppling over
Charges my phone through its rubber casing with no issues

The phone has to be sat in the middle of the stand in order to charge
This is actually a good thing for when you want to know where your phone is but don't feel that it needs charging, just offset it a little and it will still stay upright but won't charge

Haven't noticed any degradation in battery since charging this overnight even when it is clearly at 100%
on 10 September 2017
This is a great quality product. Its a great size, looks good, easy to keep clean and works perfectly. I know it sounds lazy but its so much easier to pop your phone on a dock than trying to find the cable that's fallen down the back of the desk/table/bedside unit again! I see there is a bit of debate in other reviews regarding the charging light on the base. I agree the light on the dock does look great and is handy for knowing whether or not your phone is charging but if you're keeping this on your bedside to charge overnight it is incredibly bright. I highly recommend this product but if it is going to be in your bedroom I'd also recommend a bit of black electrical tape over the light.
on 8 July 2017
Works well with my Samsung Galaxy S8 and it charges fast. Feedback light is unintrusive. Only minor issue is the micro USB cable supplied is a little short but I have thousands of them kicking around so not a biggie.
4 people found this helpful
on 13 October 2017
My original review is shown below in brackets. Happy to say that LivSense has shown excellent customer service by contacting me to apologise for my buying experience and a very satisfactory outcome has been reached, which includes supplying a replacement charger.
(Not at all what I was hoping for. First of all it doesn't charge any quicker than plugging my S7 directly into the cable and (adaptive fast charging) charger that came with the phone, and secondly would not fully charge the phone in one go. Would only charge up to 80-90%, then had to take phone off the charger, wait a while and try again. Interestingly, a few days after receiving the device, I got an unprompted email from the supplier in which it qualified what it meant by 'fast' and also informed that a full charge needing more than one go was normal!! Am considering returning, but not sure I can be bothered with the hassle. The only positive thing I can say about the product is that it makes a nice stand!!)