on 9 January 2017
As a dyslexic student in High School, this C-Pen is a real life saver. The pen is very neat in design and lightweight which is easy to fit in my pocket or pencil case at school. As well as being a great tool for helping me with reading the text, the Pen also has the function to take notes from the text I scan and load them onto my computer where I can edit them for my exam revision. The pen is easy to use and to get started. I use the Pen to scan a whole paragraph and then listen to the voice read back the paragraph to me which helps with the flow and understanding of the text, rather than scanning just one sentence at a time. With the neat, small headphones I am able to use the Pen in class without distracting anyone around me.
on 8 January 2017
I bought this pen for my husband who was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and struggles with reading. It is perfect and has transformed his life. It is discrete, portable and easy to use. The non robotic voice is easy to listen to. The robust carry case fits easily into a pocket and the headphones mean he can use it anywhere. It works perfectly on all reading matter - newspapers, books and magazines. It is worth every penny and I would thoroughly recommend it.
on 28 November 2016
very pleased with this reader pen my son really benefits from it!!
on 29 October 2016
It's good for print but not for hand wrighting so if you are severely dyslexic like my husband you will come up against problems but saying that he's glad he brought it.
on 19 September 2016
I purchased this for my son who has dyslexia so he can be more independent with his reading. He is only really using two of the modes (text reader and dictionary) so I can't comment on the file scanning or recorder modes yet. In short, it works really well, I am very impressed with how quickly and accurately it can read words and sentences, quite amazing actually. I haven't used any other reader pens, so I can't compare, but am super happy with this one and would recommend. It's very easy to use, it's a good size, the speaker is loud enough, and the voice is clear, (although I find it a little fast and robotic on the normal speed setting and way too slow on the slow speed setting). Was really happy that it came with ear pods as well. I only really have one barely negative comment and that is that the battery doesn't seem to last as long as I thought it would. I haven't measured it or anything so maybe just my perception. Anyway, was a great purchase and has been a game changer for my son!
on 17 September 2016
It's an excellent tool for dyslexic people.
on 16 May 2016
I brought the C-Pen Reader for my dyslexic son to use during his first year at secondary school. He was a little unsure at first weather or not to take it into a classroom environment where he'd be using it surrounded by his peers. However, once he'd worked out how easy the controls are to use and how discreet it is, it's now a permanent and essential piece of equipment in his school bag.
As the other reviewers have stated, it will read single words along with full sentences and if forgotten, it'll hold previous scanned words in its memory. It comes with a protective case and headphones, although if he wishes not to use them, he can adjust the sound of the 'female voice/reader' so not to interfere with lessons. It is very comfortable to hold and the colour allows it to camouflage itself amongst other essentials and it will fit neatly into a pencil case. I've also looked on-line and seen that he could download other languages to its memory (although please check with the website first as how easy this is I don't know as his is still in English).
The only downsize for me was the price when I was considering buying it but now after taking the plunge and seeing how it's helped him transition from primary school, it's well worth every penny I paid. The purchase has given him piece of mind and he now has his C-Pen to rely upon instead of the awkward embarrassment or time consuming technic of stopping to ask friends or teachers what the text in books or work sheets say.
on 1 April 2016
I have relied on my phone app until now. C-pen has helped no end whilst I study for my A Levels. I'm severely dyslexic so the pen has significantly increased my independent study
on 14 January 2016
Excellent pen for my 16 year old son. Thank you
on 12 January 2016
As a dyslexic I can say this device is very helpful wish they had these when I was at school. the c pen is very easy to use no real setup needed it really does read whole sentences for you . What i really like about this device is the dictionary function it is so fast giving the description of the word! It has a lovely sleek design and is very lightweight. The only thing I would ask for is Bluetooth built-in ! but apart from that i think its an excellent product. every dyslexic should have one especially if you struggle with your reading this will really help you out all schools look at these I believe this would really help students with dyslexia.