Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II - Carbon
Colour: Carbon|Style: Soundlink Mini|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 May 2018
This is a great mini sound system, is it expensive? well yes if you compare it to cheap bluetooth speakers for under £30. But make no mistake, this is a sound system in a league of its own. The warm rich sound, which pushes through these speakers is phenomenal and breathtaking. Like how can so much sound come out of such a small speaker? Obviously this is not a replacement for a HI-FI set up, but there is certainly enough volume and depth to fill a large living room.

In terms of the quality and ease of use of this speaker, I have no qualms there. The only criticism I have is that the hands free capabilities of this speaker is rather flawed, but then again the main purpose of this speaker is not hands-free calling. The main purpose of this device is to deliver rich, realistic sound in a compact device, a purpose which it serves extremely well.

With that being said, I have no hesitation in recommending this speaker which boasts amazing sound from such a compact little device.

If you found my review helpful, please click the "Yes" or "Helpful" button to state this so I know its been a help to someone. Thank you!
65 people found this helpful
on 19 July 2017
Bought as a bit of a trial and on a whim. Have other larger Bose speakers but this is really small and still powerful. Excellent for being out and about. Connects really well via bluetooth and the whole thing feels really sturdy and well made. Sound quality is good, there is another speaker at the back which helps. I'm no audiophile but can tell the difference to the even more expensive larger speakers but it still packs a punch for something so small.
The speaker comes with a little stand that can be permanently plugged in for charging purposes or you can just charge directly using the micro-usb charger.
14 people found this helpful
on 17 February 2018
I was waiting for a HomePod but got sick of waiting month upon month for Apple to deign to release it. So did some homework as I only really wanted a great bluetooth speaker that uses Siri and I can listen to apple music on and take calls on. This speaker is the best bluetooth / mini speaker I have ever had and I have tried several different makes over the years. The vocals are clear, the treble stands out and the bass thumps. I tried the speaker with opera, classical, thrash metal, hip hop, Miami bass, blues and jazz, the speaker never failed to deliver exceptional sound with each different genre. As you turn the volume up the sound doesn't distort or crackle, it just gets better. If you want a great and versatile speaker that gives you hours of music on one charge and perfect sound ever time regardless of the music you listen to, then the Bose Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II - Carbon Mini II is the one.
review image
on 13 July 2017
I was expecting it to be a lot bigger and wondered just what I had bought and if it would be capable of giving out good sound.. The unit just sits on the battery, so can be easily knocked off and the quality of the voice telling you things is pretty poor. I was pleasantly surprised when the sound that came out was as good as a speaker system much bigger, it has a good depth of base and full range of sound frequencies.
on 8 June 2018
I have owned Bose items for some years and have always been pleased with them. They are not cheap but always hold their value, so overall cost of ownership is actually very good value. I remember being blown away by the sound quality of the Soundlink Mini 1 in an airport store and never regretted its purchase.

After 4 happy years with the first speaker I looked for some time for a good replacement. The old Bose still sounded great but the pairing was slow, the lack of USB charging was always an annoyance when travelling and the "firmware updates" never actually materialised. I (wrongly) assumed that technology had moved on and I would not get a Soundlink 2. The Soundlink 1 sold very quickly on an auction site for 50% of its purchase price (after 4 years!).

I discounted the new Bose Revolve first - I can't see the need for 360 degree sound day to day.
I then tried a UE Megaboom and a KEF Muo - both returned. The UE had a great app but the sound is muddy and the plastic finish looks cheap. The KEF sounded ok - not brilliant, surprisingly - but had a really lousy UI that was full of operating annoyances. So after some more reading I came back to the Soundlink Mini 2 and was so pleased I did. All the annoyances of the first model are now fixed and I was really pleased to find too that I could easily disable the voice alerts. It would be lovely for a feature to pair two of these speakers but the odds that I would splash out on a second one are very low in any case.

But at the end of the day it is all about the sound and the quality from this tiny unit is just astonishing. After a few weeks with the other speakers the first listen to the Soundlink Mini 2 was amazing. The sound is wonderfully deep and full and rich and LOUD. Very happy to be a Bose owner again.
4 people found this helpful
on 10 January 2017
Excellent sound quality. Nice, neat, small package this item is. Feels a good quality. Perfect for moving around the house. Easy to connect to. Bluetooth didn't drop connectivity or at least I have not experienced it yet. It can pair with multiple devices. I have found that the Bose speaker and any paired device's connection will range up to around 10 meters before the sound quality/connection starts to fail. The family all like this item, therefore I'd definitely recommend.
on 14 February 2018
I've been extremely impressed with the quality of the sound from this little speaker, it pairs with all of my bluetooth devises easily & has a crisp impressive sound & although I can't adjust either the bass or treble, the sound quality is great.
I have just recently started using it with my Sony, wall mounted TV & again, very impressed with the sound, not as good as a sound bar or even close to 5.1 surround, but much better than the Sony built in speakers. However, I have just found out that the speaker has a problem, I've always only used the speaker connected to my phone to steam music online & the speaker sometimes cuts out & has done so ever since it was brand new, I even mentioned it to a Bose salesman in a Bose shop only to be told it's my wifi or 4G internet connection black spotting. But not so!! I have recently started connecting it to my TV via mini phono jack cable & the speaker continues to cut out. I've had the speaker for just over 1 year, so can't take it back.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 30 March 2016
No, it's more than that; it's unique in its build quality, and if you want a small Bluetooth speaker that will sit unobtrusively on a desk or table and be able to be moved from room to room, this is the one. Do not mess about and save a few quid and think yourself smart by buying a less expensive option. The other choices more cheaply available are that way for a very good reason. They are not as good.

I use it with an ASUS Chromebox M031U Desktop, a BenQ GW2760HM monitor with a Logitech MK270 Wireless Combo with Keyboard and Mouse. I give it a break when I connect the wired Bose noise cancelling headphones on the rare occasions when the neighbours practice skittling. It also wires into the DVD player via the HDMI monitor. I don't have a smartphone but I am assured that Bluetooth pairing is a doddle, as it was with my other devices.

And do you know what?

They all play happily together with no conflict, and that is all one wants. Stuff that works instantly with no mucking about. The sound is sublime from this tiny speaker at all levels of volume, and I thoroughly recommend it.
on 11 October 2017
Its a bluetooth speaker that can really throw out some noise.
Battery life is impressive, great quality construction - feels reassuringly heavy, charger is clever, good sound quality, pairing is easy and seems to take a beating.

I use this in a climbing gym (in the training area) with excessive amounts of chalk in the air and on my hands, for hours at a time. Its also used in my woodworking shop with the same scenario but only sawdust. It still works... which is good :)

It has no trouble filling the rooms with music.
on 22 February 2017
It was a toss up between this and the UE Boom 2 (which I may still buy for outdoor use), but I went for this and am not disappointed. As with all speakers, it benefited from a warm-up. When I first turned it on, it started up a bit thin and tinny and I was about to get upset. But soon the quality emerged. Full bassy underneath, lots of separation and clarity and depending on where you put it in the room, it can make you feel like you have surround sound.

I haven't had it up more than about a quarter volume and it is easily powerful enough in every room in my house (which is admittedly not big - two bedroom cottage). I do have to wake it up to make it connect to my iPhone 6s, but once awake, it also immediately picks up the other mobile in use in the house. Also, you do need to make sure that everything is properly connected, pushed in and the unit is sitting on the charging pad. It took me a while to work out that the USB plug, wasn't quite pushed in firmly into the plug which is why it wasn't charging. Having the ability to use it as a speaker phone will also hopefully be helpful, but we haven't used it for that yet. So far, so good however, I'm loving it.
One person found this helpful