Customer reviews

on 2 February 2018
3D Rarities might be a bit pricier than most, but it is by far the best 3D experience in my extensive collection of other 3D blu-rays.
I am so sad that 3D has lost its appeal because I was unaware that it was even used in the First World War and this blu-ray shows
how cleverly it could bring realism to movies in the subsequent years up to the 1950's.

My view is that 3D would still be thriving if Tv manufacturers had followed the lead of cinemas and stuck to stereoscopic devices
which need only cheap glasses for viewing or even explored variations of the glasses free 3D Toshiba Laptop or 3D Gadmei Tablet both
of which give amazing 3D images of my blu-rays and home videos plus those broadcast around and including the 2012 Olympics.
on 21 October 2017
If you have a good 3D TV this is an excellent disc. The early stuff is impressive and the stop motion car assembly is outstanding. I personally do not like the animated material from the fifties.
on 17 October 2017
I sadly have to disagree with the majority opinion here. All credit goes to the restorers, but the truth is that these items are of little interest in terms of the subject matter (demos, cartoons, trailers, promotional films) and quality (probably most originating as 16 mm films, though at the worst having the appearance of badly processed 8mm stock). As an historical record this disk is to be highly prized. As entertainment they hold little interest.
on 2 June 2017
Brilliant. Region free, 3D oldies. Some is a bit samey - but the history here..... if you have a 3D TV, you're going to want this for the sheer provenance of this stuff. At time of review it is available nowhere else. Certainly it's not available in the UK.
on 30 March 2017
Terrific treasure troves of 3D goodness. Some very old 3D shorts actually surpasses some recent 3D offerings
on 16 December 2016
Great blu ray
on 5 July 2016
Goods as described. I myself have a visual defect that usually make watching anything in 3D problematic. Although I still buy videos in 3D I can't always see them to their full effect unless an object is directly thrown at the screen. On this video I could see most of them with little trouble. Enjoyed it a great deal even though some of the effects gave me a slight headache. I recommend it for the brilliant restoration of most of the sequences. A couple of the movies who's trailers were shown I have seen in their 2D form being unaware that they were originally filmed in 3D. Glad I bought it.
on 25 May 2016
This blu-ray is excellent. If you like 3D stuff - you must get this!
on 17 May 2016
A real find. Very pleased with it indeed and worth every penny. Some brilliant stuff on it, some almost 100 years old. If you are serious about 3D you do need this one in your collection.
on 7 May 2016