on 10 October 2016
This is my 2nd one and this version has been upgraded which is good. Only issue was that it arrived with a European 2 pin plug. Per instructions you have to cut it off and replace with 3 pin. No mention of this in details on site and since being marketed in UK it should come with 3 pin plug as standard.
3 people found this helpful
on 9 April 2016
I think the negative reviewer may have been unlucky. I have had this maker for nearly three years. It produces really excellent cappuccino. I recently bought it a second time, and if anything, my new model is better (quieter, re-designed coffee holder). If you are wondering why I bought a new one, it's because I did the unforgiveable - I tried to make a coffee, not remembering I had removed the water tank. By the time I realised this (it had been heating up for far too long, and then I drained it when it had no supply) I had damaged the boiler and it's integrity was in question. Still, even with my stupidity, I'd had about 4000 cups out of it, which I estimate at around 3p a shot. Everyone at home agrees that it makes such a good cup that it's impossible to consider going out for one; too disappointing!
5 people found this helpful
on 29 August 2017
This is the second of these machines I've had, the first one got a faulty switch after 10 years. Makes great coffee
on 19 March 2016
Have owned ours for 5 years now and when you maintain them properly they make cup after cup of wonderfully smooth and creamy espresso. Would definitely recommend!!
4 people found this helpful
on 31 May 2016
We have had three of these...they are really great for 18 months..then all the valves go and there's water everywhere. We regularly descaled etc.
One person found this helpful
on 1 June 2015
We have had two of these coffee makers. Both have broken - the first after just 14 months - the pump went; the second has lasted just over 2 years when it blew the main fuse in our house. Both also dribbled horrendously from the steam outlet while the coffee was being made . They look smart, but seem very unreliable. We certainly would not consider buying another Delonghi product.
5 people found this helpful