Customer reviews

Sage by Heston Blumenthal BCG820BSSUK the Smart Grinder Pro Coffee Grinder - Silver
Style Name: Coffee Grinder|Change

on 4 April 2016
My girlfriend and I have been purchasing a lot of household items since moving in, and this is, hands down, my favorite.
We have been steadily developing a coffee habit and decided to get an espresso machine, deciding on a Gaggia Classic and managing to snap up 2nd-hand one for a bargain.
Needing a grinder, we then bought the "De'Longhi KG79 Professional Burr Grinder" (Which came highly recommended here on Amazon). It turned out to be absolute crap, and no matter how fine the grind was set, the coffee would always come out incredibly coarse. We bought this as a replacement.
To say it's a step up would be a MASSIVE understatement. This thing is a beauty by comparison. The array of grind options (60!) is staggering, and even at setting 21/60 (towards the coarse end of what the guide recommends for espresso coffee) the coffee is ground 10 times finer than the DeLonghi on its finest setting. On top of that, it's infinitely more consistent. You can also select the number of shots of coffee you would like, and tailor the grind time so you get exactly the right amount and, once you've dialed it in, get the perfect cup every time.

What else?
Intuitive and simple to use
Outstanding performance
Very well designed (especially with cleaning in mind)
Quiet
Gorgeous looking

If you're looking at grinders (like the DeLonghi) and wondering if it's worth spending the extra money... It 100% is.
on 11 November 2017
I am really enjoying this grinder. I have recently gotten into making espresso drinks at home and this product has really added to my enjoyment. It has been well reviewed and seems to deliver. The grounds do clump, as mentioned in various expert reviews. I chose this product as it was able to make grinds for other coffee drinks easily including Cafetière and pour-over, something my partner likes. This may not be the one you want if you I are only espresso, but a great all around starter grinder, IMHO😊
on 26 April 2017
Very happy with this grinder, a necessity if you have the coffee machine to match. Will soon try and make filter coffee. I use the recommended grinding setting but cut down the time by one or two seconds to minimise waste,
on 31 December 2016
Very good, highly adjustable, very consistent grinder which I hope to keep for a long time. Great featers such as a magnetic removable drip tray. Highly recommended.
on 17 April 2017
Super! Easy way to grind beans for any use, from cafetiere or percolator to espresso machine.
on 20 March 2017
Fab coffee grinder - very adjustable - helping me make better coffee
on 8 May 2016
An excellent grinder that has a wide variety of settings and is eminently practical. An essential addition to any coffee making machine - do spend the money on a good grinder as this will enhance the flavour of your espresso or cappuccino.
on 24 July 2017
Great piece of kit. Sturdy and well made. Somehow the static which is a nuisance with so many coffee grinders seems to have been eliminated. And, what is really important, the coffee is so much nicer than with our previous grinder
on 18 May 2017
LOve my new grinder. Spent ages researching after my 2nd Krups one died. Grind is perfect for my delonghi machine. Looks good too. Hopefully will last longer than other grinders.
on 26 December 2016
Cracking grinder, love it,buy you will not regret it. Many thanks.