on 27 September 2016
Previously I've always used Braun electric toothbrushes, but the one I bought last year needed to be charged every 4 days or so and never seems to do as good a job as my earlier ones so I thought I'd try a different brand. I Googled "best electric toothbrush" and this model came out top on almost all the review sites so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Really glad I bought it. I didn't think I would notice much of a difference but teeth definitely feel cleaner. I've only had it for a few days but the manual says it will go three weeks on a charge so even if it's close to that it will be a massive improvement. One other unexpected benefit is that it's much quieter so I can listen to my radio while I'm brushing.

Just a pity replacement heads are so expensive at about a fiver each.
on 10 January 2016
good outlook,and useful
review image
on 10 July 2017
This has starting to loose it's charge after less than a year (although it sounds like I've been luckier than some others). To be honest it's a far less superior product than one of the more basic models that I upgraded up from. The cup charge thing is an inconvenience; I hate that you can't simply turn the thing off but have to cycle through all the different modes first; it also (IMO) doesn't seem to clean as well. I used to get far more compliments on my 'white' teeth with a previous model. So I'm going to see what Philips can do to exchange this (it's within the year warranty) and see if they can downgrade me too! Sometimes more isn't better despite all the fancy features!
on 2 October 2016
I debated buying this for months then finally but the bullet and ordered it. I did have a basic rotating one, but after 2 years (and several new heads) I kept noticing an odd taste due to the visible mechanism getting wet. It was because of this that the sonicare range appealed to me with its covered mechanism.
It did tickle my tongue a little but I quickly got used to it and love it. My other half thought it was ridiculous that I paid this much for a toothbrush when he can pick a manual one up for £1 - I dared him to give it a go just the once and he is now converted and agrees this is worth the money. We now share the base with different heads but the battery still lasts 1-2 months with us both using it.
I definitely reccomend.
on 2 September 2016
I'm not sure where to start. One word. AWESOME! Delivery was prompt; instruction manual thorough; quick charge and my teeth have never been cleaner... the only issue I have is splattering of toothpaste when I open my mouth to adjust the angle but that's down to the user, not the equipment. I found the travel case with the USB connection super handy as we go away a fair bit; the glass I think is a brilliant idea as it keeps my toothbrush away from little hands and is a charger taboot. I'm not much for electric toothbrushes as they've always been similar in the past but this one sets itself apart and I can see why it has the price tag it does.
on 11 August 2016
These were so much cheaper than the shops as on special offer. Arrived well packaged and on time. Great quality product. Used it for a few weeks now and pleased with them. The only downside is the settings you as can only change this when switched on so the toothpaste falls off the brush which isn't great, but if you keep to the same setting each time it's fine.
on 2 November 2016
Very expensive but it is probably the best electric toothbrush on the market right now. I did extensive research on these types of toothbrush and in all cases the Philips came out as the best. It has a series of different vibrations depending on what you want from general cleaning to polishing your teeth. It is very pricey but then the best usually is.
I couldn't really understand why the pink brush was so much cheaper than all the other colours as they are all identical.
on 10 November 2016
Love this toothbrush, the charge lasts for ages and it makes my teeth feel far cleaner than my old Oral B. It tickles a little at first but you do get used to it.

Good tip to buy the pink one as it seems to be cheaper than the other colours yet does exactly the same job.

The travel case is also an excellent idea as I often travel for work.
on 17 October 2017
Great toothbrush not only because you will get the feeling of cleanliness as never before and become addicted, but also because people will ask you what are you using for your teeth to make them so perfectly white and polished. Also, the battery life is perfect - three or more weeks with charging times very reasonable. However, it once fell into my sink (plastic covered one, not ceramic) and it stopped working properly. I now use it with the head turned on the opposite side, until I buy a new one. I would say - GREAT, but FRAGILE! It didn't last more than two months for me.
on 18 September 2015
I love this toothbrush! It takes a while to get used to because the vibration action is much more intense than a standard electric toothbrush. My teeth certainly feel clean but I can't say if they're whiter. One thing I want to say is that the quick instructions leaflet imply theres an extra part, a base charger. There isn't an additional charger, you only find that out if you read the full instruction book. Instead you can charge the tooth brush in its carry case which is much neater especially if you are travelling. At home you can use the glass charger. The charge lasts a good long time too.