on 15 March 2018
The ‘budget’ GoPro really doesn’t disappoint. Picture quality, as expected, is stunning. I set several of these up for a motorbike track day, on various places on the bike, the different angles on playback is great, and all in HD
3 people found this helpful
on 25 August 2016
I have used GoPro for years and always found them easy to use. I bought this for our snowboard club and was very impressed for the price. image quality is great and the wide angle camera allows easy capture of a scene. I have compared it to an SJ4000 which is a little cheaper. it's worth having a look at online video reviews of both these as they are both really good cameras but each does some things better than the other.

The colour reproduction on this camera is fantastic and resolution is as much as is needed for playback on just about any screen (unless you have 4K UHD. It is intuitive enough for beginners to use. even though the menu system is navigated through a small screen, most inputs are easily achievable as the camera itself is simple and doesn't have too many modes for the user to contend with.

The reason I have knocked a star off is because the camera is built into the housing so if there is any damage to the external housing, the camera would need replacing. this is not as good a design as the other gopros but the unit is much cheaper. also the battery is not removable, although I found the battery lasted most of a day with over 2.5 hours of footage - much better than my gopro hero 3 black.

a more advanced user might get frustrated as there are fewer camera modes and no slow-motion capture (240 fps is available on the higher-end models).

All in all, a great action camera for most users if you can live with the case being integral to the camera.
on 13 November 2016
I bought a GoPro for my boyfriend's birthday, as we had plans to visit Canada and Nepal this year and figured there would be lots of opportunities for using the camera. The first real opportunity was white water rafting in Canada, but when my boyfriend came to switch the camera on, it had no battery. He swore he charged it the day before, however I thought he may have made a mistake. When we next tried the camera again a few months later though, the same thing happened. The camera was fully charged one day, left over night and come the following day the battery was completely flat. We therefore missed the opportunity to use it whilst rafting in Nepal and trekking through the Himalayas. I've looked online, and this seems to have happened to some other GoPro owners too, but both GoPro and Amazon seem unwilling to help at this stage.
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 5 February 2016
I have to say this is a bloody great camera forget all the fancy things like wi-fi and lcd screen and blah blah blah. This tiny camera gives you great quality ive used it on my dirtbike and rc gliders etc moving at fast speeds but still captures the quality without any lag or with the camera going in n out of focus it blew my socks off for £99. They are action cameras so you would expect them to take abit of a beating during activities and this does so very well. Ive got cheaper cameras but they havent the robustness of the GoPro and most of them are not TRUE 60fps obviously GoPro is :) This provides just as good video as the Gopro 3 from comparsions ive seen on youtube.
on 13 January 2016
I just love video as a medium so along with the rest of my stuff I decided to splash out on this go-pro Hero camera, i'm not disappointed, what a great camera, I have just used it a couple of times now but it's absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to use it over and over again. Just thinking up everything I can use it for, of course we all know they are great for action shots, but at my age the action is a bit curtailed, maybe a few shots on the golf course! If you haven't got a go-pro and you're into sport maybe now is the time to get one.
on 6 March 2017
Older version but still great quality went snorkelling in Cyprus and the footage from video was crystal clear. I'm no pro so think it was great but obviously can't swap batteries so that's the only down side but did fine for me for what I needed. Great product.
2 people found this helpful
on 2 October 2015
out standing quality sound is an issue if you want to have sound you need to change the back on case but then it will not be water tight you have two handy stick on mounts that comes with it for helmet use and the battery is in cased in the camera so you will have to take a charger with you but dont let this put you off it films 15- 20 mins at a time for almost 3 hrs pictures that the gopro takes are fault less i would highly recommended that you get this camera as i stepping stone to produce fantastic footage
on 28 January 2016
I was disappointed that it had a limitation on the size of the SD card - max 32GB. As a secondary camera, the size limit means I can't share some SD cards used on my primary Hero 4. Although this is listed in the specification, it didn't register as an issue during purchase.
On the plus side, it is good value for money compared to the higher end Go Pro cameras, particularly if you don't actually use some of the advanced features.
on 27 July 2018
Good quality image. Lacking in feature though. Had mine a year and lost if off the back of my bike down the motorway. Make sure you use a Go-Pro clasp and not some knock off.
on 29 August 2015
Such an amazing camera! In day light and lower lit places it is HD to the max but only reason I gave it 4 star is in very dark places it starts to get a bit grainy but hey it costs £89 quid and the free software really cleans tht up so what more could I ask for! So happy with this purchase my family are getting one each lol Vlogs all over the place I have started an epidemic....