Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.60

on 25 August 2014
5 Stars!!
spoiler free review

Summary:
Serena and her camera-man/best friend Ron are out reporting when a sudden storm brews out of nowhere. The result of this phenomenon is the arrival of Jonathon, a man who claims to be from the future, from the year 3015.

He was sent back in time, to the current day, to find Serena and with her help try and change the way people live to save the Earth for future generations. Serena immediately puts together a report on Jonathon and his claims, believing this would be her big break that she always wanted in her career.

Her story is refused and hours later Ron is found murdered. Serena soon realises the danger she is in from associating with Jonathon. Someone wants to keep them quiet and out of the knowledge of the public. Serena is faced to decide if she is safe with or without this stranger, and has to make up her mind quickly or else she could end up like Ron.

My Thoughts:
I really loved this book. I spent the majority of the day just curled up in my armchair reading this through. The 400+ pages flew by.

The whole concept is ingenious and original and it felt like there was a lot of thought and research put into using the correct terminology and making this a credible story. From page one action ensues and this drew me in straight away until I had nearly completed the novel.

The characters all had depth and quirks to them; the character of Jonathon being extremely interesting- his ignorance of the modern world portrayed in such a manner that made him seem fragile and innocent, but partnered with his physical and mental strength from his Training, resulted in an intriguing mysterious persona.

The culmination of the novel was one of the best endings in a book I'd read in a long time. Along the whole way there are multiple twists and turns and the end just wraps everything up so well and slots all the pieces into place and answers questions you didn't realise needed answering.

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this and was saddened when I had completed it. The plot twists combined with the myriad of emotions makes it a roller-coaster of a read.

Thank you to the author for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review! :)
on 25 August 2014
Received an ARC from the writer for an honest review. Overall I enjoyed the read and liked the central characters. I found the unfolding story believable; if a man from the future appeared with the message and information the central character Jonathon was bringing then the corporates, politicians and media would not respond with open and welcoming arms. I will not say anything more, as I don't want to put any spoilers in the review. I'll end by saying the novel flowed nicely, was polished and had a twist in the conclusion, which didn't come from nowhere but wasn't entirely predictable (as I often find with many endings).
on 19 September 2015
plot not interesting characters not interesting, I did not finish reading this as it seemed a waste of time