Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 7 November 2014
Love this... substance, style and smutt..... I cannot wait for the rest...
on 19 August 2014
This is a fantastic opening book to a 4 part series. Scorned introduces us to Jules (Juliette) a very successful gallery director. She has it all, beauty, money and and a very close friend but she is damaged on the inside.
Dylan and Juliette parted unexpectedly with his final words "I hate you" 3 years earlier and she has been unable to move forward with her life after this; she is in a dark emotional place.
So a chance sighting with Dylan unlocks all her hurt that she had locked away.
Will Dylan find his way back into her heart?
Enter Austin, who I am sure has his own story to tell in future books in the series. Austin is an alpha male, a successful business man, wealthy, charming, and very sexy. And he wants Jules. Will Jules want Austin? Can she let go of her past and learn to feel again? Ahhhh I need to know the answers S.L.Scott!!!!

This book was beautifully written with great character development. It is written in the first person from Jules's POV which I loved as we really got to feel her emotions and inner turmoil.
All in all this book did a great job as an opener to the series "From the inside out". I can't wait for book 2.
on 19 January 2015
Jules has spent 3 years heartbroken over Dylan Sommers, the man who left her for no real reason. Though her friend Brandon has helped to support her, she is still not as together as she once was. Instead, Jules has poured herself into a career, and is now has a successful art career through which she's met Austin. Dylan has been making appearances back in Jules' life, and she isn't sure quite how to deal with that. But Austin is different, sexy, charming and definitely into her, she has fun with him and forgets how badly broken she is...

Link to Goodreads
Link to amazon

I'll be honest, it was definitely the cover that attracted me to Scorned, especially when it is seen alongside the cover to the sequel, Jealousy, which is the rest of the model. Now I'm even more intrigued because I discovered that books 3 and 4 are alternative endings, so you choose the one you want to read (either Dylan or Austin, though lets face it I'll probably end up reading both based on how much I enjoyed Scorned). So ultimately when I picked up Scorned, I wasn't 100% sure what I should really expect. Having read it, I loved this book.

None of the characters are perfect, Jules was broken by one event, Dylan was easily led, Brandon had his own agenda, though Austin seemed perfect, though I'm sure he has some fault somewhere! And that made the characters attainable for the reader, and made the story work. This wasn't a love story as such, but rather a putting back together and moving on story, and in that it was brilliant. When Jules went on a date with Austin she didn't just completely forget about Dylan, and it didn't make everything better, but it did start a healing process, and that felt real.

I wasn't sure what to make of Dylan. He made a big mistake and he recognised that, but there was just something about hiim that I didn't like and I can't quite put my finger on it. It could be just because he was introduced through Jules' point of view while she was upset and angry with him, or it could just be me! I kind of liked the idea that he was a bit unlikeable, gives him a chance to redeem himself.

Austin on the other hand...well I really like him as a character. I think the main thing that I like about him is that he made Jules happy, and more than that it wasn't about a massive gesture, but rather little things like making her laugh and giving her the food she liked. Of course this could all change, and I suspect that there is a chance that it will once the glow of new love wears off.

I don't think it will take me long to read Jealousy, the concept and the story have me too intrigued to stay away!

Scorned counts towards Winter COYER
on 20 January 2015
I'm really undecided about this book, the story is about a woman names Jules who had her heart broken by Dylan, and how she has been coping in the following years, only to have him come suddenly back into her life on the anniversary of their break up, add current love interest Austin with whom she is trying to move forward with, all be it they've only had two dates! And supportive friend and neighbour Brandon it seems to be a making of a good story, but that where this book ends.... Which has left me thinking Do I get the second book??? I want to know what happens but that's just my nosey streak coming out plus I have heard that there is two final books in which you get to choose which one you read, determining who she ends up with, which has peaked my interest"................ So book 2 it is!!!!!!!!!!
on 22 August 2014
I just simply adore S L Scott's work. She has a way of creating characters that are so endearing they stay with you long after the final page has been turned. Yet again Miss Scott has lured me in with with a balance of angst and romance.

In life and in love The first cut is the deepest. Do we ever really get over the first person to break our hearts. I guess we have to wait and see. Cannot wait to see how this story plays out.
on 30 October 2014
When the reader can literally feel the anguish and hurt that the character Jules.in this story over the loss of her scorned lover. Then you know the novel is going to be an excellent read. I can't wait to read book 2 to see what happens to her new beau, Austin and her, or will she go back to Dylan?
on 5 October 2014
Loved this book from the start amazing read and you can see the characters come alive in your mind. Read book from start to finish and couldn't put it down can't wait to get the next book
on 30 September 2014
Its a really good read for female teenagers age 16 plus. I can't wait to read the following three.. you really connect to the characters and in ways can relate to the story line.
on 23 August 2014
Yet another great series from S L Scott, would recommend any of her novels each one has you gripped and wanting more. Can wait for part two already pre-ordered
on 18 August 2014
I really enjoyed Scorned and could have read on ! It was interesting and easy to read. Cant wait for part 2 as I think things are really going to heat up!