on 1 August 2014
With a calm voice, Elizabeth Day's quiet shocker burns with the pain of childlessness and the hormonal mayhem of IVF.
on 1 August 2014
I felt for Jack. I'm sure many can relate to her story, at least the early part of it anyway. Without meaning to post any spoilers, I didn't envisage that finale at all. After reading any story, it's always a good sign if you're left wondering "so, what happened next" instead of sighing that "I'm glad that's over" which is kudos to the author.
on 1 August 2014
A really, really powerful story.
on 2 September 2014
I originally wrote a review expressing my annoyance that this is only 19 pages long as i wanted a book and that i felt duped.

I told an author friend about how ridiculous i thought it was that someone sells a 19 page 'book' and she explained what a Kindle Single is - a short story. I had no idea and suspect other reviewers also do not as most of the negative reviews relate to this.

As a short story this is excellent. Unfortunately it leaves you wanting much more so please, Elizabeth Day, turn it into a book! Compelling story and excellent writing.
on 13 September 2014
I rarely take the time to write reviews but am prompted to for two reasons. Firstly this is a fanastic read, a must read in fact for anyone who has endured the misery of fertility issues, and for all those who haven't - it will help you understand. So it's a must read for everyone really. Beautiful written (no surprise there - Day is, I believe, one of the best writers of her generation) it will have you gripped for everyone of it's 19 pages. Which brings me to the second reason for taking the time to write this - the negative reviews on here are solely because the purchaser didn't realise that Banysitting is a SHORT STORY, a Kindle SINGLE and somehow blame the author for this. Quite frankly if you are that stupid you don't deserve to leave reviews on Amazon. So don't be put off by those muppets - buy this, it's worth every penny of your 99p, I would've been happy paying ten times as much.
on 4 August 2014
I bought this because of an email amazon sent me. There was no indication that this was just a short story and I thought it was a 99p promotion of an interesting sounding novel. So I bought it. Yes it's well written and quite interesting, but I would never knowingly have bought this. I'm afraid I feel rather cheated!
on 10 August 2014
I expected more.....more pages, more story. In fact it was not a story, just a synopsis. It would make a good story.
on 4 August 2014
I thought I had bought a book, not a chapter!
Somewhere along the line, before buying, it should be explained that it is only a 19 minute read.
on 3 August 2014
Waste of time and money, thought I was buying a book but only got 1 chapter!
on 19 August 2014
I hadn't realised that this is such a short story. Disappointed when it ended and I was enjoying it. The writing was enjoyable too.