Customer reviews

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 October 2014
I have been seeking out the original 'Front line' album for years as that compilation punctuated much of my life back in the late 1970's when I used to live in a squat down Latimer Road, in West London, and hung about down Ladbroke Grove and Portobello Road all the time. I had to get this as a download immediately when I found it on Amazon, as there is so much good stuff in this collection, including the tracks from the first album. Such nostalgia is well worth the money for me. I gather that the C.D box set has some sort of introduction by John Lydon. I encountered him once back in the late 70's, wasn't impressed by his negative, arrogantly assumptive, labelling of us people he didn't know and the other theatrically anti social, proclamations of disinformation being emitted from his gob, so I won't be too sad to miss him in print either. this is a great album of a really exciting bygone era that I can now enjoy in my 60s, even if my hopes and dreams never even came close to being realised. Do they ever ?

Eamonn
7 people found this helpful
on 14 October 2014
This is a really tasty presentation complete informative book and other goodies. I like the CD covers being faithful reproductions of the original vinyl releases. Sound quality is generally first rate and in some cases exceptionally so. As an original collector of the label in its heyday, the tracks chosen here seem all too familiar to these ears but there is enough more lesser heard tracks to make the listening experience to be worthwhile as a whole. Like all large compilations, there are a few tracks which would have been better left out, but that is just a personal thing. I am happy that I purchased this release and pretty sure it should prove to be indispensable to 'new ears'.
2 people found this helpful
on 19 April 2016
Bought this after listening to this on Spotify, so I knew this would be great. Love 'Hip Hug' by Vivian Weathers, 'Jah Works' by the Gladiators. I have a smaller box set, but with these extra tracks, it's great value.
on 24 April 2016
wondrous
on 30 March 2015
This box set is well worth the money, it took me back to some good yester years. I gave this reggae boxset five stars because I enjoyed listening to it so much . a outstanding box set. , worth every penny !
on 1 May 2015
Perfect, thank you.
on 7 September 2014
Great sound.
on 16 May 2016
Fantastic box set ,highly recommend .
on 23 November 2015
very good
VINE VOICEon 13 August 2014
A truly wonderful musical experience - am so glad that I bought. Have never really listened to this type of music before apart from Bob Marley of course but was swayed by a couple of reviews in the Sunday papers and took a chance.

So glad I did and recommend to all to buy - it's just an amazing musical journey.

The box set is of the highest quality with an excellent book, 5 cd's and other items - can't stop playing it.
4 people found this helpful