Customer reviews

Colour: White|Change

on 26 July 2016
This is a great socket extension if you want to switch some sockets on and have some off. I needed it as we bought a new suite with electric reclininers. The chair obviously needed to be plugged in and switched on all the time as it was an every day item, yet my lamp and fairy lights and BT router would all go off on my old surge tower. They were either all off, or all on. This one is great as we now leave the recliner chair and BT router switched on all the time, then just switch the lamps, outside garden light etc on when we need them independently. The only major down side to this gang is that the sockets face each other and are too close to allow ac adaptor style plugs be opposite each other. It ok for regular small standard plugs, but because the majority of mine are ad adaptor plugs I'm loosing the use of 2 sockets as nothing will fit in opposite them. Poor design and not well thought out in that respect. Couldn't have been tried and tested in the Quality dept!. Luckily I don't need to use all 8 sockets. See my pic below and you'll understand what I mean. The fact that each socket individually switched off and was independent of all the others was more important to me when buying this gang. I've dropped the star rating review to 4 star because of the issue of ac adaptors not fitting well. A real shame. Apart from that issue this is a great gang. Each socket has its own light too to show its on. There is then a gang indicator light which is green to show the extension intself is on. Nice long 2m lead too.
review image
on 13 October 2016
I ordered two sets of these as they seemed to be a good price.
On arrival one set, I couldn't switch one socket on so we were down to seven sockets.
Within a day the other set I bought wouldn't allow me to turn one of the sockets off.
Very very poor quality so have arranged a return with Amazon and will go for a dearer Belkin unit.
on 18 March 2017
I like this, it does what I wanted it for, BUT beware, if you plug in something with an adapter (charger etc etc) then you wont be able to use the socket on the opposite side as its not wide enough (see photo). Otherwise no issues!
review image
on 31 October 2016
I bought this some months ago but just tried it for the first time. It had three low-power devices plugged in. Immediately it shorted out, with an alarming bang and some smoke. The devices were and still are fine on a different extension block, so it was clearly an electrical fault in this now useless and dangerous product.
on 16 August 2017
Quality seems decent, not great. But I returned it as the lights a) aren't very bright, and b) are mounted quite deep in the case. This means that you can't really see them from a shallower angle at all, at least not in daylight. As I need it mounted to a desk and need to see the lights easily, that makes them useless for me (it might be better in a dark room, I returned it before I could try). But the low internal light mounting just is a bad design choice.

Another minus is that it uses security bolts/screws that (it seems) can't be opened, not even with specialised tools (which I have, lots of different types). They just seem completely round with no shape/indentations to grab onto. So if anything goes wrong internally, you probably can't fix it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 July 2016
In a world with so much wireless technology we seem to have more wires and leads now than we ever did. I found myself running out of plugs on my 4 plug extension lead which also had an adapter. I was surprised to find this 8 way lead at such a reasonable price but the reviews were 4* and above and I can see why.

The lead has individual on/off switches for each plug outlet and has a decent sized extension lead though not very long. The fact that it's surge protected at such a reasonable price makes this a steal.
on 3 March 2017
This is my third purchase of this item !

The above says it all really, it does the job and is well made. Just one small failing (which tends to be the same on all double bank extension leads) is that bigger plugs, e.g. those which have built in chargers, can cover or otherwise prevent adjacent sockets being used - so check this before purchasing any extension leads.
on 22 March 2017
Quality item.
Now I can have my required devices on and the other off with the added bonus of surge protection.

I chose the black unit as my AV equipment is black and you'd barely notice it behind the TV.
The red switch LEDs are useful but don't make the room like an airport runway in low light.
on 17 May 2017
Great Extension, flat on the floor so no falling over, only grumble is the plugs holes could be off set a bit more as often find when a plug has the lead out the top, it interferes with the opposite plug
on 3 September 2017
Switchable sockets are very handy and the inverted row of sockets is a good feature for power adapters leading from the top; if you like all your wires pointing in the same direction, that is.