on 9 November 2015
I've never read any of Mr. Wright's books; horror fiction doesn't interest me in the slightest. Not knowing his background explained my initial thoughts when I started reading this thriller. I can understand now why everything felt so bleak and world weary. There has to be light and shade in everything in life, and this is so dark you need to have a light on wherever you read it. The action is well handled though, whether in a Middle Eastern war zone or on home soil back in the UK and that rescues things enough to make this an okay read.
on 9 April 2017
I've been reading Iain's books since The Final Winter (which I loved) years ago.
Soft Target is different - not Sci-fi horror - the monsters are people. I liked that the lead character was a woman.
This book, for me, was a page turner.
I've read a good few of Iain's books as free giveaways. He gives away so many good books, I don't know how he manages to make a profit.
Now I'm going to buy Major Crimes Unit Book 2.
on 17 September 2014
Well this was a nice supprise. I have read nearlly all of Iain Rob Wrights novels and have enjoyed his take on the horror genre, a kinda early Richard Laymen, but this well if you've read any of his books you will know that this is a major departure.

You dont need me to go into detail about the characters, the story, I will leave that up to you to find out what they are like but I highly recommend this book.

A very easy read, an interesting take on the Terrorist threat, lots of action, some dry humor and whilst you can see the end coming it still wont stop you going "oh for f sake, whens the next sodding book coming out".

I really hope Mr Wright continues with this series, he has a natural talent for this genre, an ideal read for the beach or travelling to work, just put your brain into nuetraul and enjoy.

I cant wait for the next instalment.
on 18 March 2017
Iain Rob Wright is a talent beyond compare. A fantastic range of characters in this thriller so brilliantly written in a story that just won't stop. Enough praise from me, I'm starting the sequel right away.
on 18 April 2017
This book is a shocking look at today's society. Kids going around in loud, abusive gangs making normal, law abiding people afraid to walk past them in the street. Powerful writing
on 31 May 2017
Found this story gripping, it was fast paced and full of action and humour. Looking forward to getting the second book in this series.
on 14 July 2017
Soft Target: was my eleventh book by Iain Rob Wright, not as good as his horror book’s 3/10
on 28 April 2017
A cracking good story. Couldn't put it down. Really looking forward to the next in the series. Keep up the good work
on 27 March 2016
A entertaining read that would have been more enjoyable if not for so many typos. Additional spaces where apostrophes were used and so many words runningtogether threatened to spoil this book for me. Hence only 3*
on 6 March 2017
I enjoyed this book, it kept me interested and engaged. I'm even going to buy some more of his books :-)