Customer reviews

on 20 July 2014
I have to admit, this piece was cleverly written. I enjoyed it, but feel it could also have become a much bigger piece if Hugh had wanted. This is more like the Hugh I like to read, after the disappointing Sand book I'm happy to say he is back to his best.
on 26 January 2016
Well what can I say about one of the world's best writers, but to be honest I did not have a scoobie doo what the hell it was all about.
Okay I got the fact that they were aliens, and they had numerous ships, they had tenticles, liked to fart and like to be sexed. One of them was an intelligence officer and was moved to another ship as a gunner.
There is a price to pay if you commit suicide, but everything else
on 12 March 2015
A haunting tale of a ruthless alien species, heading to Earth to kill all humans, told from the point of view of one of the immortal aliens, an intelligence officer who has been studying us from afar, plotting our downfall- truly terrifying, but yet full of humour and oddly warmth.
on 4 February 2015
Not what I expected, but all the better for it. One of my favourite short stories!

(PS - Mandatory minimum word counts in reviews on Amazon are counterproductive!)
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 March 2015
Overall, an interesting perspective on an alien invasion of a planet. However, this is nowhere near as good as the Wool series.