on 6 August 2014
There is some great music around at the moment.... but this is something really special. Angus and Julia Stone under the influence of Rick Rubin have produced an album that sounds like an album rather than a collection of singles. The production values are superb and the music its just fabulous. What does it sound like well.... Hope Sandoval meets Paulo Nutini meet Dylan meets Neil Young. If you like real melody with great vocals then you will not be disappointed. I am a big fan of The War on Drugs recent Lost in a Dream album but this runs it very close for my record of 2014 so far. Angus and Julia Stone play a couple of venues in the UK in December i will definitely be there.
4 people found this helpful
on 1 December 2015
I thought Album was OK - based on their standards.

CD is sent out as a cheapo 'Digipak' - I would hold out & buy the 'deluxe' edition which has a few more tracks than this version too!

Like another reviewer, I was a teenager in the 70's & I recognise a load of 'rehashed' tunes amongst their 'work'!

An Australian brother-sister band, Album music influences
him > sounds like/main influence Neil Young/pink floyd in places,
her > Hope Sandoval from 90's "Mazzy Star"
One person found this helpful
on 19 November 2014
Exceptional tracks include Grizzly Bear and Death Defying Acts. Overall beautifully recorded with crisp clear sounds. Liked it so much am purchasing their other CD's !
3 people found this helpful
on 19 January 2015
Love this sibling duo, great lyrics, unusual blend of voices, great musicians and put it together and it all just works. Really like their music and would recommend, not quite folk, not quite country.....unusual genre but very easy to listen too.
One person found this helpful
on 6 August 2014
Everything I was hoping for and then some, this album is ethereally perfect. Don't leave the free mp3 download unchecked, there are 3 extra tracks on there and they're wonderful.
I can't imagine my life without Angus and Julia ♡
5 people found this helpful
on 23 November 2014
In my opinion this is the best CD the siblings have produced so far including their solo work. Wonderful intimate songs. Great audiophile recording quality. I absolutely love it.
2 people found this helpful
on 11 February 2018
I adore this CD, found it on a random play list on Youtube and they have made it into my top 10. Very cool
on 23 October 2017
My favourite A&J album. Great music.
on 6 May 2016
Brilliant. Darker than previous album, but none the worse for it. Loved it.
on 6 December 2015
Just love everything this pair do.....Grizzly Bear....I just can't get sick of that track....I play it a lot!